Wednesday, 30 March 2011

Harry Potter Blogfest and some Benson stuff.

Greetings everyone!




Today is the day for the Harry Potter Blogfest hosted by the fabulous Michael at In Time The rules are:

"It's quite simple. All you have to do is choose which two characters would be YOUR best mates at Hogwarts. You can use any student characters from any book."

I had to think hard about this - the rules say 'student characters' which I have done - however I also think that as I am over 40 (!) I may also be chums with professors, such as Aurora Sinistra (Astronomy) and the awesome Professor Sprout (Herbology) and I also have a soft spot for Filius Fltwick, Charms Professor, as my Mum taught Warwick Davies (the actor who plays him in the films) when he was but an Ewok in Star Wars. I digress...here's my entry:

I come from a family of chaotic nutters, so I would feel right at home with the Weasleys and the Lovegoods. I'm a girly girl so, even though I'd get on with some of the boys, my two best chums would be Ginny Weasley and Luna Lovegood. Ginny would keep any unwanted attention at bay with her famous bat-bogey hexes. Luna scares folk with tales of Nargles and my own magic would be food related – I'd pass on my Singing Cheese Puffs: delicious and light Cheddar squeezes, which imbue the muncher with the voice of either a soprano or barritone for at least twenty minutes. We'd be a trio to be reckoned with; homework would be in on time with pretty good marks and we'd all adore Neville Longbottom. I'd fly my broomstick for fun as opposed to competitive Ginny, and Luna and I would support her with all our might. Ginny and I would perform a forked approach with spells with more flair than harm on those who steal Luna's shoes each term. I'd enjoy sleepovers especially at the Weasleys as I have a little crush on older brother Charlie.

So there it is - I think I'd live somewhere just off Diagon Alley, who wouldn't? (I was born in a London Borough) and would grow up to be something in the Ministry of Magic Food. Do check out the other entries by clicking on Michael's link above.

Other...

Blogging and commenting is a little erratic for the time being as we have family needs and concerns right now. I do read as many posts as possible - please bear with me, I'll be back to a 'normal' blogging regime asap. Thank you for your patience and indulgence.

Have a wonderful Wednesday x

32 comments:

  1. Wow@@@

    You seem to be a great fan of Harry Potter series and know almost all characters very very well!!

    cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes re: your family commitments.
    Loved you entry. Great singing cheese puffs, they sound fab! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was fantastic! I agree, Ginny and Luna would be awesome best girlfriends! Very nice, Margo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is SO COOL that your mum worked with Warwick Davis!

    And I love the singing cheesepuffs BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Nice choices!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely to be bestest mates with lovely Luna and the wonderful Weasleys!!

    I hope you and your family are ok, take care x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, you and I are two peas in a pod with our choices:) I hope all is okay there - sending postive thoughts and warm vibes your way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Singing Cheese Puffs! Where can I get those? That was hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd love to try your Singing Cheese Puffs! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those would be wonderful mates! I think Ginny is brilliant!

    I want to work at the Ministry of Magic Food!
    HMG

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum...I want some of those cream puffs. I loved your post. I was also amazed by the Charming Ewok connection. How cool!
    Nancy
    N. R. Williams, The Treasures of Carmelidrium.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun, fun, fun. Love the singing cheese puffs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Margo....

    I LOVE THIS! What fun. I knew someone would pick Luna and Ginny. They compliment each other so well.

    I also love your group setting and your Singing Cheese Puffs! YUM! Delicious and functional. lol.

    Thanks for putting so much time and love into your entry. It's people like you that make blogging so much fun!

    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  13. Steal Luna's shoes, LOL! I love Luna

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yep, my spells would be food related too.Especially if I get to have dinner with Charlie. Maybe sprinkle a little love potion into the shrimp scampi?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Harry Potter AND food? An excellent combination! Any chance at a recipe for those cheesepuffs? :) Ginny and Luna would be great friends. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I will pray that help comes from an unexpected source with your family needs. Those are hard to deal with and live life at the same time. It is hard to walk down a road that we cannot see clear.

    It has taken me a bit to make it here like I promised. An agent requested the full for my THE LEGEND OF VICTOR STANDISH, and I had to polish it up a bit before sending it out to do battle for me!

    Wish me luck as I wish you and Tony the wind at your back with your own battles. Roland

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aw, I would love for Luna to have girlfriends the whole way through. She deserves them! And Charlie . . . yes :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. It takes a brave person to be friends with Luna-brave though she may be, she is sort of out there... LOL! So you would go for the dragon tamer? Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Haha, when I considered friends I mostly thought of professors too. But I love your choices---it would've been nice to see Luna w/ a true bestie. And you'd all adore Neville Longbottom, awww.

    Best thoughts and prayers to your family.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Singing cheese puffs, right on. ;o) Warwick Davies--yeah, wasn't he in WILLOW, too? Such a great movie. Anyway, enjoyed your entry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. ...chaotic nutters. If you don't mind, I'll be using that catch phrase over Thanksgiving dinner this fall:)

    EL

    ReplyDelete
  22. That was fun. I like your magic talent :) Give me a lovely Soprano - I love those high notes.

    best wishes with your family.

    ......dhole

    ReplyDelete
  23. I would have such a hard time picking only two. I am surprised to find no one has picked Harry (that I've read). Neville is one of my favorites too.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Isn't this a wonderful blogfest? Thank you so much for all your comments and the best wishes on the family front.

    I have a few more folk to get round, it's really putting a smile on my face - this has been such fun. Kudos to Michael!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ooh, can I have some Singing Cheese Puffs please? Those sound wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a fun meme! Love your integration into that world. I think I'd be closest to the Weasley's also - if I had to choose students it would be Fred and George, but otherwise I'd get along great with Arthur and Molly. If I had a student crush it would be Oliver Wood... however since I'm well into my 40s too, that just sounds creepy.

    Missing your haikuuuuuuu come back to us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I like your choices as I can see myself being their friends but I'd have to choose Fred and George Weasley. Their jokes and gags just are too funny. They are quite brilliant. Can I get some of those Singing Cheese Puffs please? LOL

    http://tigeronmybookshelf.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'd love to try those Singing Cheese Puffs. :D

    Great entry!

    ReplyDelete
  29. It was fun reading your magic!

    ReplyDelete
  30. This 'fest was fun to read about but I didn't participate. You take the family time you need. Always comes before blogging.

    Denise<3

    ReplyDelete
  31. Such a great idea - love the idea of Luna and you sleeping over at Ginny's, and wondering what Charlie's up to...

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a fun idea for a blogfest! I might be with you on Ginny and Luna. Those are two of my favorite chicks in the HP series.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments x