Thursday, 24 March 2011

Friday Book Blurb....

Greetings everyone!

Apologies for going AWOL this week, especially after all your generous comments for my 200 followers (lost one, gained one...but hey!) and Crusade challenge, wasn't that a hoot? The B houesehold is in upheaval (in a good but madly upheavable way) and I am flummoxed as to how it's Friday AGAIN!!

Anyhoooo....for this week's book blurb, curtesy of Lisa Ricard Claro of Writing In The Buff Every Thursday evening she posts a picture representing the cover of a book. In 150 words or less (the length of the average book blurb) you write the blurb that you think belongs on the back of the book. You create the story, decide the genre, fiction or non, etc.

Here's mine, I've attempted my own genre this week - do pop in to the other entries, it's amazing to read everyone's take on just one piccie (clicky Lisa's link above)



Suite Surrender

Hotelier Carrie Fitzpaine is in trouble. Her dreams of owning the luxury hotel with husband Hugh are in ruins after he ruthlessly betrays her. The costly refurbishment has taken every last penny and if the Summer visitors don't arrive soon, Carrie will have to close the doors of Bertram Beeches.

Her new cocktail bar manager, Jack 'Gin' Staple, has a plan that he believes will save the both the hotel and Carrie's fortunes. Can the pair of them pull it off? Or is Jack's outrageous idea purely mixing her business with his pleasure?

Word count 98 including title

So, would you buy the book, send chocolates....or simply vomit? I may have to write this one! Did you notice my homage to Agatha Christie?

I PROMISE to catch up somewhat over the weekend :-) Lovely Yous x

Edited to add..Hmmm...not sure how this posted when it was still Thurs but I'll blame sunspots...full moon...David Cameron....

27 comments:

  1. I'm glad it posted today- I get to read it :) I would very much buy this book. Great blurb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. David Cameron? Hmm,now you've tweaked my interest? I can just see him walking down that hallway lol. Great blurb Margo. Now go write the book!

    Denise<3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm... I'm suspecting a little romance in the air with this one, and I love your names and homage!

    (I used to get lost in Agatha Christie novels...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mixing business & pleasure - hers and his - sounds like a book waiting to be written please Margo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for popping in, I may just have to write this one!

    I don't think I put the correct date in the pre-schedule thing last night,which is why it posted early....doh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm hooked! This looks terrific--a great story with plenty of romance thrown in. I'll buy the book and share the chocolates. :) I missed the Agatha Christie homage...what is it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your title and the intrigue is sure to include romance. I'd buy this book for my coworker who thrives on romances.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll send chocolates and champagne and demand the book be signed by you!!! LOL!! Wonderful!!!!
    It's says Hot Sexy Romantic Story!!!! Sparks will fly!!! Yay!! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sure your readers noticed, but not Agatha. Agatha is as dead as a doornail. She can't read anything, poor dear. I know what. I'll read it to her.

    Off to write my own!

    ReplyDelete
  10. May I have a chocolate on my pillow please? I would book myself a room to see what Carrie and Jack get up to - day and night ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, it doesn't induce vomiting in any way, but I'm not sure I would send chocolates. (As a chocoholic, I have trouble sharing it with others). Love the names -- and the hotel name is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Vomit? Never. Ahhh, everyone is so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Margo,

    This is my first time here. I really like your take on this cover, and would definitely read your book. I bet that "Gin" is pretty cute too? Love your names.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think there's trouble in store for Carrie! Never trust a man who's too obvious - but I guess she has no choice!

    ReplyDelete
  15. There's always trouble in store for a heroine named Carrie ever since Stephen King! I've missed you. Glad to see you back, Roland

    ReplyDelete
  16. Intriguing blurb!

    I'd buy the book and send chocolates. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your blurbs always make me smile - which is a good thing!

    And good luck with the painting at home. Hope for no more cat paws in your wet paint...we're about to start some painting at home too, but have no pets to get into mischief.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks so much everyone! I'm still catching up with you all and hope to visit as many of your blogs as possible this weekend.

    Bertrams is the Agatha Christie homage - chocolates seem a popular accompaniment- welcome Kathy - missed you too, Roland :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'd buy the book. It's very interesting. Great post. =)
    http://tigeronmybookshelf.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. At 202, you're safely over 200. I'm not a big fan of disappearing followers. I wonder what I did.

    Picture matches well with your story slice.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hope you DO write it. I love the hint of romance along with the intrigue!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Intriguing blurb - exactly what is Jack Staple's idea?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very intriguing.....sounds like the premise of a great chick flick!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I Love it. Sounds like a great recipe for a book.

    And if all else fails she could call on Ruth Watson or Alex Polizzi ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am curious about Jack's idea to save the hotel. So, I'd buy it, and those box of chocolates, all mine baby, as I read. LOL
    Nancy
    N. R. Williams, The Treasures of Carmelidrium.

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a fun idea! Great blurb!

    <3 Gina Blechman

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh yes, I'd read it. With a nickname like "Gin" how can we refuse?

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments x