Friday, 11 March 2011

Friday Book Blurb

Greeting everyone!

How did it get to be Friday already? I had so much planned for my blog this week....ah, well!

So to this week's Book Blurb courtesy of Lisa Ricard Claro of Writing In The Buff. Every Thursday evening she posts a picture representing the cover of a book. In 150 words or less (the length of the average book blurb) you write the blurb that you think belongs on the back of the book. You create the story, decide the genre, fiction or non, etc.



The Field of the Four Winds


When Lady Elizabeth Fotheringay – Fairfax is thrown from her horse, her family's tenant farmer, the mysterious Martin Bellbrook comes to her rescue. His refined manners and gentle voice inspire Lady Elizabeth's curiousity and she intends to find out more about the handsome neighbour.

Her suspicions grow after she visits his farm with a token of thanks and sees him striding toward the spinney on his land. Thinking she will catch up with him in the sunny meadow beyond, she is alarmed to hear him shouting in a strange tongue, seemingly to no-one.

The discovery plunges Lady Elizabeth into a world far removed from her own 18th Century upringing and she has only the resources of her sheltered life to help her.

Word count 122


Do join me in reading the other entries and seeing all the different takes on the picture, which, by the way, is taken by Lisa's talented daughter, Christina.



I am so thrilled to receive this gorgeous award from Michael Di Gesu at In Time. Michael, you a wonderful blogger chum and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.


Have a fabulous friday x

17 comments:

  1. Hello there Margot! Indeed how did it get to be Friday. I still haven't got to the Post Office so don't be looking for a parcel yet. Sorry!

    LOVE that photo. How gorgeous and what a very English story to accompany it. Great writing.

    Denise<3

    I'll be posting Roland Yeomans on the weekend. Hope you can pop by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your historical/romance/mystery take on the picture. You said so much in so few words. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Book Blurb! I want to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!! It's a sweeping lush mystery romance!!!! Lovely!!! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liked the romance and loved the title!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the award. Great blurb! Have a terrific weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fascinating idea. Here's my mini-blurb :

    LEAVES OF GRACE

    "I was planted by lonely hands when honor was still a word of meaning and love something still believed in. Yes, that long ago was I planted. Listen to my story and all I have witnessed."

    That was fun. Have a great end of week, Roland

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooer - who or what is Martin Bellbrook? Is he an alien? Exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant! Love the romance coupled with the mystery. I'll buy it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. English gentry? I'm definitely sold on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lots of mystery and intrigue...what is he doing? What is he saying? What language is he speaking? And why?
    -- K

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  12. Could this be a time travel story? Great job!

    Pat
    www.critteralley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah, I want to read on to find out if it is sci-fi or historical romance. Good tease.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on your award! How nice of Michael. :) The story blurb sounded very interesting! Why the foreign language? Why only to himself? Some great questions.

    ReplyDelete
  15. All those questions gave me chills. I agree with the intrigue and want to read this one!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Margo

    Oh this is a great blurb

    Enough information to feel drawn in, but not so much as would overload the reader. Mystery and otherwordliness - fantastic!

    :Dom

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments x