Friday, 4 March 2011

Friday Book Blurb

Greetings everyone!

First of all, thank you so much for all the kind comments on my first guest posting over with Charity Bradford at My Inner Journey and Rosie Connolly at East For Green Eyes. There was a little time blip but I hope you managed to find me! You are all gloriously kind.

Now....Book Blurb Friday


This is a new meme from Lisa Ricard Claro at Writing In The Buff. She says:

Every Thursday evening I'll post a photo that we'll pretend is the cover of a book. In 150 words or less (length of the average book blurb) write the blurb that you think belongs on the back of the book. You create the story, decide the genre, fiction or non, etc.

So, for today...



Seven Days

Mimi is the beloved feline companion of Fenhanna of Chilraith. When Fenhanna accidently uncovers the secrets of the library of Raith-Tor the sinister Bitulet holds her in a suspension enchantment.

Before Fenhanna's mind is locked away she casts a powerful spell changing Mimi into a woman in the hope that she can find Linguaro the legendary master of words, the only one who can save her and the future of language.

Mimi has to adjust to living as a human and is thrust into a dangerous world of distrust, magic and terror. She has to rely on all her cunning and charm to save her lifelong friend. There is no time to lose, the spell only lasts for seven days.....

Word count 122


Do go and check out the other entries by clicking Lisa's link above. That was fun!

Enjoy your Friday x

16 comments:

  1. Fabulous. I love it such great ideas. I'm havingtrouble writing more than 50 words for mine at the moment. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent blurb! I loved your choice of names, especially Fehanna.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one sounds like such fun! Great idea, terrific blurb. I'm off to buy the book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Magical, enticing!
    I signed on to follow your blog, please follow mine http://lindaoconnell.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enchanting blurb!! I love the magical elements here!! Well done you! take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful! I just love reading such diverse takes on the same picture! Very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll admit, I was afraid to write one and so I tried to do it in a hurry before anyone else otherwise I'd be so self-judgmental about what I wrote - and am glad I did because everyone I'm reading sounds great! And Madeleine I wrote less than 50 words too. I'm not as creative as all these other folks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a nifty idea! If I have time maybe I can tune in next week- Have a terrific day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very different take on the eyeball pic. I have no background in fantasy or medieval life so it was new to me. Yet, it sounded pretty solid with plot and ready to go!

    Thanks for becoming a follower too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cunning and charm are second nature to a cat! Very interesting blurb!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing! Same pic and so many different twists!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That was so much fun. It actually sounds like an interesting book to read! Good job, Margo!

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  13. How glorious! A cat-woman but only for seven days - there's tension there straight away:-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! You took this in a completely unexpected direction. Is this going to be the basis of your next NaNoWriMo project?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome blub! Love the premise too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Margo - this is BRILLIANT!

    I was drawn in right from the start and would love to read this. The intrigue, the world building, the tension ... all make for a cracking story!

    :Dom

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments x