Monday, 21 March 2011

The 200 followers WINNER! Plus Crusade Challenge #2

Greetings everyone!

Thank you all so much for dropping by, commenting and following...we've done it and hit 200....yippeee!!

I loved reading everyone's first lines, some I knew, some I have popped on my TBR list and some were also my favourites. We had everything covered from Dickens to Qwilleran and I thank you all so much for participating. I put all your names into random.org and out came....Michael Di Gesu at In Time as the winner! Congratulations Michael, the books will be winging their way to you pronto!

MrB is also hosting a 200 follower giveaway of a couple of excellent reads, so do drop in to Fireside Park and say hello over there.

Now for the 2nd Crusade challenge....

Write a flash fiction story (in any format) in 100 words or less, excluding the title. Begin the story with the words, “The goldfish bowl teetered” These four words will be included in the word count.

If you want to give yourself an added challenge (optional, and not part of the judging criteria), see if you can write the story in your own genre (eg if you’re a horror writer, write a horror story; a romance writer, a romance story, etc).

I've attempted to stay in my Romance genre for this one - do check out the other entries at Rach Writes

The goldfish bowl teetered for a moment as Adrian's overcoat brushed the delicate hall table. His hands shot out to steady both the mock Chippendale and ornament, he laughed when they were stable once more. He looked down at the crudely painted green glass with the copper foil depiction of Pisces; two anatomically impossible marine creatures coupled, if one chose to look closely, in an act Adrian didn't believe fish capable of. He loathed the ghastly gift but Miranda loved it – and he loved her.

Crumbs! Is it only Monday?....We're decorating and we've already had pussycat paws in the white gloss windowsill :-)

33 comments:

  1. Congrats to Michael. I'm even happier than if the winner had been me. He is a great guy.

    Of course, any reader of any of your delightful posts is a winner. Have a great new week, Roland

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the 200 followers! And to the winner of your giveaway! And nice story. I can't do another meme thing (although I'm only doing one) until I get my act a little more together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that's what I call true love!!! Awwwwww - great flash fic!! Yay!!

    Congratulations with your 200+ followers and winner!!! Yay!!! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful flash fiction story for the challenge. It all flowed so well and I loved the last line.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on 200 Followers! And congrats to Michael. :)

    I love your flash fiction story!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done!

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woo, congrats on 200!! Nice entry for the challenge; it's so interesting to see the variation from those same 4 beginning lines!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done on the fish story. Adrian is an interesting character.

    Congrats to Michael, and to yourself Margo for reaching 200.

    .........dhole

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, I like Adrian, too, and your word choices.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on hitting 200!! That's a major milestone! And congrats to Michael on his win.

    Loved your entry! I think I probably would've gone a romance route myself! So sweet...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on hitting 200. That's a major feat. And congrats to Michael on his win.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for 200 followers and yay to Michael!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Margot! I've been trying to get over and see what your competition was all about only to see it's over. Drat! Congrats to Michael though. Well deserved.

    I'll be back to read your challenge. I'll be posting mine tomoz.

    Denise<3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on 200. I love that he keeps something she gave him even though he loathes it. I love the word Loath!

    ReplyDelete
  15. YAY MARGO! Congrats on the 200 followers.

    Thank you so much for the win!

    Your flash fiction description is excellent and I could envision the whole scene... WELL DONE!

    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay for now passing 200 and congratulations to Michael!!!!!

    Loved the fest entry, verrrrry interesting! (You know my brain is trying to figure out how fish COULD do that...)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the language. "He loathed the ghastly gift"

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on 200 followers!!

    I loved your entry. The details were superb.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on 200 followers Margo!! :D

    Great entry - I like how it ended :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOL! Great take on the theme :O)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, congrats on your followers MARGO~!!!!!!!! This is a great flash fiction piece too - love it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations on 200 followers!
    Congratulations Michael!

    And aww, love the way Adrian hates the bowl but loves the girl.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats on 200 followers!
    I liked the strong voice in your flash fiction piece! Very nice.☺

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats on your followers, and yay for Michael :)

    Ah, so sweet (and what a ghastly-sounding ornament!) :)

    Hugs,

    Rach

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats Margo! You keep each and every one of your followers entertained. That's good, right? And great piece there!

    ReplyDelete
  26. well done on the 200 - well done on producing a man who loves enough to keep that ghastly thingy!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I loved the descriptions in your entry! Congrats on surpassing 200 followers. Whoot!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ahh... I want a guy that will love me despite my poor decorating taste =) Congrats on making 200!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Congrats on 200! This was a fun challenge and I'm also amazed at how different all the entries are. You have some nice visuals that made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love that Pisces story. The description is superb and that last line says it all. Congratulations on your followers!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I went the romance route too. :-)

    I think we can all identify with that unwanted gift. Great entry!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments x