Friday, 18 March 2011

Friday Book Blurb, awards and happy things!

Greetings everyone!

Yay for Friday!

So to this week's Book Blurb courtesy of Lisa Ricard Claro of Writing In The Buff. Every Thursday evening she posts a picture representing the cover of a book. In 150 words or less (the length of the average book blurb) you write the blurb that you think belongs on the back of the book. You create the story, decide the genre, fiction or non, etc.
I am SO enjoying this meme.



Bar Bar Bijou

Twelve tales revolving around the exclusive nightclub in the heart of London's Mayfair; where no newspaper reporter has ever been granted entry. Celebrities, models, politicians and royals enjoy VIP treatment, secret assignations and the club's famous Bijou Blaster cocktails.

We meet Viscount Bosworth, middle-aged playboy, attempting to make money from his royal name. Dame Violetta Bungalow, the club's outrageous MC and choreographer of the all male Delicious Ducks dance troupe. The mysterious Leela Blue, a shy waitress who isn't all she seems and many more colourful and complex characters, whose lives are entwined with those of the notorious club. Overseeing his phenominal enterprise is the elusive Mr Zedepe, the black-gloved, rarely seen owner of Bar Bar Bijou.

Word count 110




The lovely Lynn at Present Letters has awarded me this fabulous award - isn't it gorgeous? I shall 'do' the tasks and the passing on next week but I wanted to say a huge Thank You!

200 Followers Giveaway


Don't forget my great giveaway of two fun novels when I reach the magic number, which is creeping ever closer. I'd be chuffed to pieces if any of you wish to give it a shout out on your own blogs :-) Please pop HERE for the full post and info. There are some wonderful entries so far...

Enjoy the weekend, lovelies x

21 comments:

  1. Could do with a pic of the Dancing Duck troupe, please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. The names are genius, Margo. Violetta Bungalow and the Delicous Ducks! I can't stop laughing. I'd pick up the Bar Bar Bijou anthology!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I want a look inside at how the 'haves' party hardy! What other bad behavior do they display when the cameras are turned off?

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always amazed at the names everyone comes up with regarding their characters. I so lack in that area as you can tell when reading my BBFs. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like fun over at the bar. I love the names!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!!! I like that you made the book into an anthology!! Great blurb!!! I'd read this!!! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like my kind of book! Your blurb made me laugh and I'm a sucker for humour.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you write book blurbs for a living? Yours is so concise and makes me want to learn more about those who hang out at Bar Bar Bijou! Awesome, and thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You had me at the title, and it just kept going from there! What delicious fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you chaps! I so love this weekly challenge. Some of my daft names are from real things, eg, Violetta Bungalow is a house known to me and I've always thought 'Dame' would suit it perfectly! I've named two villians from those word verification thingies and others are delivered by the Muse... :-)
    Thanks again for commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved this, Margo! I agree - the names are FAB!

    Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. IT"S UNANIMOUS! AWESOME>>>>

    Congrats on the award!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Margo, just reading this brought a smile to my face. The names are so fun! I could do with a bit more please... :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. These characters are wonderful. I think this would be a great book to read over and over again. Happy to be a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. love the idea of the short stories. great job.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the names you've chosen for your characters! Great fun. I would have a lot of enjoyment reading this one!


    ~Jean

    ReplyDelete
  17. This would be a fun book to write, since it's jam-packed with interesting characters. The title is great. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great blurb. I want to get into that Bar Bar Bijou. Does it have a green door?
    How exciting about the followers contest novels. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! I love this! It sounds like a fun read. The character names are terrific, and I really want to know more about the Delicious Ducks. LOL This could be a series!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the blurb. That sounds like such a fun thing to do, I may just start too. My schedule at the moment is too harried.

    Congratulations on the award.
    Nancy
    N. R. Williams, The Treasures of Carmelidrium.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm terrible at this sort of thing - but I love your blurb. :-)

    And oh yeah, bring on the Delicious Ducks, who are so named...why? You really have me wondering!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments x