Monday, 21 February 2011

Crusader Challenge #1

Greetings everyone!

The first Crusader challenge is:


In 300 words or less, tell us -
one secret
one lie
one interesting quirk
one annoying habit
one of your best character traits, and
one of your favourite things in the whole world.
AND include the following words - bloviate, fuliguline, rabbit, and blade.

I'm a very good listener, even when my closest friend, who can bloviate for Britain, regales me with the latest intallment of her soap opera life. I sit and crack my knuckles, leaving her to rabbit on – my mind wandering toward my fascination with old recipes and which pastry best represents fuliguline endeavors. Sometimes I nip in, blade sharp, just to remind her I'm still here. She likes to know the latest names I've invented for the jewellery pieces I make. The thought I keep secret, though, is the distraction her nose stud causes when it appears out of her nostril.

Something in the prose doesn't quite ring true....do you know what it is?

31 comments:

  1. I’m not sure that you crack your knuckles, and I’m not sure you have a fascination with old recipes. In fact, I’m not sure of most things, but I’ll go for – you don’t crack your knuckles?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nose studs always draw my eye like a cocked eye. I try to keep from staring. And I'm afraid the effort shows. Is the nose stud the ringing false? LOL. Roland

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA! Loved it! Leaving her to rabbit on! I'm still chuckling. So I think, maybe you don't make jewlery??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I just realized that the reply I sent on the 15th went to "no reply blogger" Sorry about that. Here is what I tried to send in reply to your willingness to write a guest post for me.

    "Yay! Rosie and I have two other guest posters, so let me double check their days and get back with you. Can you do it on short stories? What you like about them, your method and how it differs/doesn't differ from novel length, and your tips for getting them published? I'm so excited!"

    One went up on Friday, the other one this Wednesday. Are you still willing to write something for us for next week? Feel free to email me at charity . bradford @ gmail . com

    That way I can reply to you privately. :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, reading these are so fun. Ok, I'm going to guess the lie is that you crack your knuckles. And nose studs, and tongue rings, totally distract me (useless information for you)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm no good at these things, but I'll agree with some of the others. I think cracking your knuckles is the fib.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey there, fellow crusader! If it's true, I crack my knuckles, too. I keep trying to stop... As I write this, DH is joking with me that I've been so busy blogging that I'm going to fall face first into the computer soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe the lie is you're not fasinated with old recipes?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it is the knuckle cracking. It gives me the willies. SO I hope it is the knuckle cracking. On the other hand, maybe your friend does not have a nose ring and it's just a few boogies now and then. Can't wait to find out, fellow crusader.

    ReplyDelete
  10. She doesn't wear a nose stud but a tongue stud!

    :-) I like the thought of you naming your pieces of jewellry so I'd hope that's true!! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know someone who can bloviate for Britian, unlike you I don't have the patience though. You don't crack your knuckles?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brava, Margo! And I'm thinking you don't crack your knuckles too. If you do..stop!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeuw! The Nose stud. I think that's the lie. Loved it :O)

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL Margo - I'm not one of your crusaders but I know the jewelry making is true. . .perhaps that's one of your favorite things? Have fun - these are a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really cool! I'm going to do this for my Wednesday post.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very entertaining Margo. I will go with the nose stud as the little lie.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Margot I love it. I think the sister biovating is a lie.

    Congrats on your Stylish Blogger award and passing 100 followers! Rockin'!

    Denise:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOL: nose piercings distract me too. They so make my nose itch :)

    .........dhole

    ReplyDelete
  19. My mom told me that cracking my knuckles would make them big and ugly. The horror of man hands kept me from doing it for years until I realized...she lied. I also think that's your lie.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm not sure which is the lie! But it was very entertaining...
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hmmm...not sure either. But given that you make jewlery maybe you aren't really distracted by nose rings?

    P.S. Thanks for visiting my blog! I love your pretty witch picture!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm guessing you don't crack your knuckles.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I don't believe the bit about the stud.

    ReplyDelete
  24. The nose stud seems to be grabbing everyone's attention, as well as mine :) I'm curious....and I'll have to check back for the reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'll say the nose jewelry. Just a hunch. No particular reason.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm so glad you joined the crusade Margot. It's so much fun isn't it? I'm like Stephen. Nose stud is a dud.

    Denise:)

    Publication Party - author Ann Carbine Best - starts Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  27. The distraction of her nose stud appearing out of her nostril made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hello fellow crusader! I am a tad bit late, so I just thought I would just say Hi! :D

    and I have to second what Rachel said "The distraction of her nose stud appearing out of her nostril made me laugh!"

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm afraid that I have read the reveal before this original post, so I just wanted to wave hello!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi. I’m one of Rachael Harrie’s judges for the First Crusader Challenge. I know the good book says, Judge not, that you be not judged, but it’s for a Rach, so it’s OK.

    Anyway, I’m just letting you know, you have been shortlisted in this part of the judging. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Congratulations again, you’re now a finalist in the First Crusader Challenge.

    Rach will judge the finalists herself and announce the winners and runners-up this Friday. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments x