Wednesday, 16 February 2011

Haiku and Bernard Pivot Blogfest

Greetings everyone!

Lots to get through today - starting with:

Join the fun!

This week's theme is Freestyle Do check out the other entries over at Jenn's blog (clicky the banner)



Butterfly or crawl
Freedom to choose disciplines
Targeting medals



Improvised lyrics
Rapping, rhyming, beatboxing
Freestyle fellowship




Now for the Bernard Pivot Blogfest!

Fellow Crusader, Nicole Ducleroir at One Significant Moment at a Time has put this together to celebrate passing 500 followers, yay! – do check out all the other entries.

The questionnaire was originally created by Bernard Pivot, a French journalist, for the cultural series he hosted on French television from 1991-2001, called Bouillon de Culture. It has been used in numerous celebrity interviews too and, for us, it's chance to learn a little more about fellow bloggers.

This is me:

1 What is your favourite word?

Halcyon – I love the sound, the feel in the mouth and the meanings.

2 What is your least favourite word?

Fecund – for something productive and creative, I think it sounds rather rude.

3 What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?

This answer could last for hours, so in a nutshell; being happy (which is my default state) support from loved ones and fellow writers, my home, English weather, dry Martini and, of course, the beloved MrB.

4 What turns you off?

In general life, mean-heartedness.
In writing, being insulted as a reader when an author explains something to death in case you didn't get it the first time....sigh...

5 What is your favourite curse word?

Bollocks! Satisfying to say and almost quaint compared to today's profanities.

6 What sound or noise do you love?

Cliché but gentle rain falling.

7 What sound or noise do you hate?
Anything that goes on too long really – children crying, people shouting....

8 What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?

Cheese taster. Yup!

9 What profession would you not like to do?

I'm awfully squeamish so anything medical is a no-no.

10 If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates?
“Welcome Margo! I'm a huge fan and have read all of your work. Here, I've mixed you a Dry Martini.

Have a wonderful Wednesday x

50 comments:

  1. LOL! Love your answers!!!professional cheese taster! Sign me up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The synchronized swimming is a treat to watch!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so love your haiku, Excellent as always.

    Great answers to the blogfest, too. I also love cheese and my fav curse word is the same :O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice haikus, it's so much fun seeing which subjects people pick for freestyle.

    Have a lovely day,
    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool haikus! And I love your favourite and least favourite words! *LOL* Bollocks! Such an English swear word!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL. Great answers! I'd like to be a cheese taster too.

    Bernard Pivot Blogfest

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! Come to France, where we have lots of cheese! (also where I live) Hi! fellow crusader and blogfester!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow you even plan to have a mixed martini?? I'm definitely liking your version of the pearly gates!

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful haikus, thats what is true freedom.

    i just loved your dream greetings from God. :)

    trisha
    http://mydomainpvt.wordpress.com/2011/02/14/free-soul-14th-feb-2011/

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooh! Halcyon FTW!
    And who wouldn't want to be a cheese taster?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. # 10 AWESOME! Cheese taster? YES!! I love cheese too. Your Haiku's were great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love 'bollocks'! Going to start using that today. I like my martini's dirty, but I'll bet God will mix ours any way we want!

    Thanks for playing along!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. yup- right there with you and children crying!
    Great answers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the sound of falling rain, too. I need to borrow some of your restraint when it comes to cursing. Maybe I'll take yours for a spin sometime.
    Love the answers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Like the haikus--my daughter did synchro last year and I enjoyed it, even if it's a little odd. CHEESE TASTER! HA! You win!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mmmm...cheese taster. Love it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay for the dry martini!!! Bollocks is a fab swear word!! LOL!!!

    I love your action packed haikus!! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello fellow Crusader! Loved all your answers. I laughed at bollocks. It is a regular in the Irish vocabulary too. Isn't God the perfect host. Slainte!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your answers. I'm with you about the annoying sounds. Nothing frustrates me more than a baby that wont stop crying. And I love the rain.

    I'm amazed at people who do haiku. Some great poems there.

    ReplyDelete
  20. To be able to do what those swimmers do is talent.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I popped on over to read your answers and I see you're a blogfest addict too (we're kindred spirits).

    Good answers.

    New follower. Nice to meet you :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cheese tester! Wonder if wine is involved?

    ReplyDelete
  23. "HALCYON"
    Yup! I love that one too, for the same reasons you mentioned. Excellent choice!

    ~ D-FensDogg
    'Loyal American Underground'

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great answers, Margo. I have a Cajun friend who curses with "Wanker." You have never heard that word until you have it spoken by an acutal Cajun!

    ReplyDelete
  25. LOL. Bollocks. I love that word!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I also love "Bullocks." The term, not testes. I also loved Harrison Ford's answer to the last one: "You're taller in person."

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great answers! Bollocks is a good one and I'd love to be a cheese taster, too! #10 was my favorite...:)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great answers :D I'm with you on cheese, boll**** and halcyon!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hey Margot, loved your answers. The trouble with halcyon is i'm not sure of the correct proununciation. Also when you say 'bollocks' that's a dead giveaway for you UK-ness. Bit like an Aussie saying 'bloody' or 'bugger'.

    Later, Witchy Woman!

    Denise:)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Loved the answers and the Haiku...now Bollocks, you know I never heard of that except when linked to the actress Sandra. LOL
    Nancy
    N. R. Williams, fantasy author

    ReplyDelete
  31. cheese taster has to be my favorite answer for this question. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Mmmm...I'll have a martini AND cheese, please. :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi Margo,

    I loved your answers. Thanks for dropping by mine to welcome Angelina Rain!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Nice one! Love the picture too - funnily enough, I was a synchronized swimmer in my youth. Good times :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Your answers are my favorite so far! Halcyon (did you know the greek myth behind this word) and I agree with you on fecund too. sounds like it should mean the opposite.

    mean-heartedness - I agree with that one too. Even if its not directed at me

    Bollocks - that shall forthwith become my new dirty word! Love it!

    and your heaven answer - perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I loved the haikus too, esp. the second one

    ReplyDelete
  37. Cheese taster sounds really good...or ice cream taster, maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  38. Halcyon is a great word and anything to do with nature lulls me. Thought I had left a comment earlier, but apparently I didn't. I'm crusading too!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I wish bollocks was my curse word. It's ever so much cooler than mine!

    ReplyDelete
  40. oh, I like cheese! I wish there were more ways to use halcyon in conversation... lovely word.

    Cheers!
    Corinne

    ReplyDelete
  41. Is Bollocks anything like Bugger? :) Loved your answers!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Margo - I saw your post about seeking out the essay about Mondegreen. The Harper's website is the only place I ever found it, and that costs a subscription. I have it on PDF. Email me and I will send it to you. I bet you'll love it.

    Corinne (oflynn-at-gmail-dot-com)

    ReplyDelete
  43. Love the cheese taster job! Great answers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  44. Hi, Margo,

    Love your #10.... I cracked up.


    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  45. Fecund is indeed a very very foul word indeed.
    Great haiku! :)

    ReplyDelete
  46. Bollocks is a brilliant curse word! lol

    Hi from a fellow crusader
    Lyn
    W.I.P. It: A Writer's Journey

    ReplyDelete
  47. I LOVE Bollocks! I also find myself saying Bugger on a regular basis too. Which is a little strange, because here in the States no one says Bollocks and Bugger. *shrugs*

    ReplyDelete
  48. I didn't know cheese taster was a job. I need that job!
    Thanks for sharing your answers.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments x