Sunday, 23 January 2011

Top Ten Countdown Music Blogfest

Greetings everyone!

Thank you again to everyone who kindly sent advice for the Blogger glitches that seem to be haunting this little corner of deepest, darkest Devon and for all the good wishes over my health. I am on the mend...yay!

Alex J. Cavanaugh is hosting this awesome blogfest today (clicky the pic) do pop over to his wonderful blog to join in.

So here are my Top Ten – I've kept the blurb brief as there are about a squillion blogs to visit......enjoy! X


In NO particular order (but probably showing my age!)

In A Broken Dream – Python Lee Jackson
The crazy beginning sounds like a crescendo ending!

Goodbye Yellow Brick Road – Elton John
Pure bliss

I Hope That I Don't Fall In Love With You – Tom Waites
I'm not a particular fan of TW but this is heartbreaking

Dreams – Fleetwood Mac
My alter ego Stevie Nicks

Blackberry Way - The Move
Roy Wood, one of my first crushes and still going strong.

Long Live Rock And Roll – Rainbow
With the late greats Cozy Powell and Ronnie James Dio, what else is there to say?

The Stranger – Billy Joel
Simply exquisite – the haunting whistle at the beginning and the end (and at the end of the album) is hypnotic.

That's All – Michael Buble
Our song, the beloved Mr B and me.

Crazy Man Michael – Fairport Convention
In good old folk tradition, an odd chap, a bird fortelling a future where he kills his truelove, chap kills bird. It's an illusion and he has killed his truelove....oops.

Wuthering Heights – Kate Bush
Innovative and slightly bonkers. Stands the test of time.

39 comments:

  1. Love your list! Particularly love that Billy Joel song and Buble has become a recent fave of mine too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh fun ,I might have to check it out! Love you list:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elton John and Fleetwood Mac - you have some oldies here! (Not trying to make you feel old though.)
    Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going to add a Fleetwood Mac song! But, ten is just not enough.
    Great list.
    CD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodbye Yellow Brick Road is definitely one of the best albums ever made. I wore out the cassette tape listening to it in my younger days. Yes, I said cassette tape.

    Dan - my list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for Kate Bush!!!!! She's such a fabulous beautiful artiste!!! I love Kate Bush!!!!

    Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have some classics here. I had Over The Rainbow live from Richie Blackmore's rainbow. Rocked out often to it. Great list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. never heard of anyone... kidding!
    what a great selection of music
    thanks for the melody's,
    jeremy
    [iZombie]

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you and I have similar taste. Thanks for your comment on Helen Ginger's blog about my post. You're entered into the contest again.
    Nancy
    N. R. Williams, fantasy author

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great selection. Some I know; some I don't. I need to make up my own Top 10, then go find them online and add them to my iPod.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woo!! I'm so excited to see Michael Buble and Tom Waits on someone's list. My sister and her husband had "That's All" for their wedding song!

    Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fairport Convention! Whoop. Whoop. An awesome list!

    My Top Ten Songs

    ReplyDelete
  13. So many good ones on your list!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Don't know them all from their titles. Might have to look a few up.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Some real classics you have there! Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice list. Fleetwood Mac could easily have had a song or two on my list. I was saddened when Christine McVie left to do her own thing. I though her presence was greatly missed on their later ventures.

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh man, Dreams just BARELY missed my list. SUCH a great song. I figured Landslide was a more important song to me.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fleetwood Mac was one of my first album purchases. Love your picks.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooh ooh I know 2 of those Yellow Brick Road and Wuthering Heights, (and maybe the Fleetwood Mac too) we must be of the same era? :O)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I don't recognize many on this list--I'll have to look them up!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fleetwood Mac is a great band- though I haven't heard of many on your list- means I can look some up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. not too familiar with any of these except Sir Elton's.

    ReplyDelete
  23. You have some great tunes here, Margo.

    Nice to see more of my favorites.

    Thanks for the luck.... I need it.

    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm so chuffed to see Wuthering Heights and the second mention of Kate Bush. I thought everyone had forgotten her. She's not on my list but I would have loved to squeeze her in. I couldn't resist putting ABBA on - who can not say they knew how to put a song together??!!

    Your choices are great.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have to take some notes here and check out these songs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. oh, love Kate Bush and Fleetwood Mac!

    ReplyDelete
  27. "Dreams" would be on my list. I love it. In fact, I had to pause to sing it just now -- drums, instrumentation, and all.

    "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" gives me the ugly cry. It's pretty much the theme song for one of my characters, and if I think about it too long right now, I'll start crying again.

    Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  28. eeks! while i've heard of most of these artists, i haven't heard any of these songs... maybe the elton john one... probably that one...

    ReplyDelete
  29. Is it bad that I don't 'get' Michael Buble? And he's been on so many lists!! The rest of your list, though, I do like. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Okay, I am going to have youtube Buble - he is all over these lists!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love Elton John and Fleetwood Mac!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hey, you're talking songs from my era. I can really get into this list. The Move and Fairport Convention --Wow!

    Lee
    Make sure you check my Wednesday post!
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  33. I haven't heard Fleetwood Mac and Elton John in years. Such good memories.

    Thanks for sharing your list :)

    .......dhole

    ReplyDelete
  34. Intros are so important to songs - I rejected several songs with slow starts ;) I'm supposed to love Elton John, being from Watford. You have a broad range of musical selections.

    ReplyDelete
  35. There are no words for how much I love Michael Bublé.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Couple of oldies but goodies there! And Michael Buble is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Yay for Fleetwood Mac! Goodbye Yellow Brick Road is a lovely song.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hello, Margo. One of the cool things is finding a tune on these lists that stops you. I think you have been the first to mention Rainbow that I have seen! Very cool. I loved the Elton John mention, "Dreams" by Fleetwoon Mac is awesome, and so is Buble. Not only is "The Stranger" a great song, but that is also one of the all-time great albums. The whole thing is good, start to finish. Can't say that about too many.
    Great list!

    -James

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments x