Wednesday, 12 January 2011

Sensational Haiku Wednesday

Join the fun!

Greetings from a damp, dark corner of The British Isles! Today's theme is Doldrums.




Listless quiet sea
Wind without power or force
Waiting for release



My soul in darkness
Taut black bands around my mind
Seeking brighter days


Do check the other entries over at Jenn's blog - just clicky the banner.

Have a great Wednesday x

11 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your Haikus. Beautiful.

    I love your mock novel covers - so simple and clean, and very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful words and images to express the feelings in this haiku. Wishing brighter days for all of us. Have a wonderful week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. fantastic duo. both are splendid, cant chose one as better.

    trisha
    http://mydomainpvt.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are really lovely! I could feel dark despair emanating from these! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very evocative, both of them :O)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never been able to master haikus but they are a joy to read. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Haiku (although I must say the exact rules escape me), and these are great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You and me both. Nice to find the beauty in the darkness we're both (apparently) feeling! Hoping for brighter days ahead indeed.

    Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love them Margo. I don't think in this way. I guess I'm too wordy.
    Nancy
    N. R. Williams, fantasy author

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments x