Tuesday, 23 November 2010

Luscious Tuesday

Today I had my make up artist's hat on and went to the Force Cancer Support Centre in Exeter to co-run a Look Good Feel Better workshop. I do this every few weeks. LGFB is the beauty industry's charity providing workshops (and a sumptious goodie bag) for women undergoing chemotherapy. The class takes the clients, we had 10 today, from eye make removal, cleansing, then right through a routine from concealer to lipstick. The woman are all at various stages of their treatment for a multitude of cancers. We always have a hoot of an afternoon, stories and experiences are shared and everyone goes home thoroughly pampered. I love these and have one more session before Christmas.
On these days I always like to apply my own make up in similar tones to those provided in the gift bag, so today's glory face included a cream and bronze combo on the eyes from POP's smokey eyes pallete, Illamasqua cream blush in Dixie (fabulous for a lift of colour on a Wintry day) and my stalwart Chanel lippy in Vendome, a brightish brown/red. Good to go!

I am leaving my NaNo novel in it's very rough draft for the immediate future as I wish to grow it into something rather large (gulp!) so am working on another heroine for a new story. She's an English, Piscean (so she told me, now I have look it up) 29 year old actress. I'm setting the first half of the story in San Diego, where I have lived, then will probably move to London, where I have also lived, albeit in poorer conditions than this gal. Should be fun!

2 comments:

  1. Sending you all good wishes for your cancer money raising event. My charity is Alzheimer's.

    Ooh I'm Piscean, how exciting about your story! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to meet you, Madeleine! Thank you for following my blog, I love yours and am going to try the Haiku Wednesdays, I love Haiku.
    Would love to pick your Piscean brain for my girl at some point.
    M

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments x