Wednesday, 5 October 2011

Haiku with Flare and Award Thanks

Greetings everyone!

Join the fun!

Well, it's been a long time since my last haiku and I am happy to be back partaking over at Jenn's blog (click the banner for her own haiku plus many others)

This week's theme is Flare


Flung from our own star
Destroying power and voice
Peace or anarchy



A bell-bottomed leg
Please don't bring this fashion back
Not on these short pins!


I had been back in blogland a few short minutes and my wonderful friend Michael Di Gesu awarded me this:



Thank you so much Michael! If you don't know Michael, do pop over to his blog. As well as being an extremely gifted writer, he produces sublime artwork and is the most suportive chum one could wish for. No one is more welcoming.

With this award I'm supposed to divulge seven things about myself. You chaps already know loads of daft facts about me but I will let you in on something I've discovered. A large bowl of dried fruit is currently steeping in brandy ready to make this year's Christmas cake. As well as the brandy (French, don't you know!) over the fruit, I add a good slosh or red vermouth....trust me, it's criminally delish!

I must also pass this award on and I nominate Sarah Pearson of Empty White Pages Sarah's blog is interesting and inspiring - plus she has fabulous taste in music, do check her out.

Wishing you all a wonderful Wednesday x

11 comments:

  1. I love bell bottoms, snark, snark, and congrats on your award. You are a very popular little short-legged bunny.

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bell-bottom haiku! I quite like bell bottoms (should I admit that?).

    Congrats on the award!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Margo, thank you so much for the lovely words. I particularly needed them today! And congratulations on your award - and your RFW success :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad to see you back, well done I love a solar flare!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great haiku (I recognise those bell bottoms!) Congrats on the award and to the awardee and also for being Featured RFW this week :O)

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the contrast of your great haikus!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back to us!!!!! So happy to see your name in the list :D Great pair of haiku - and I agree about the bell bottoms. UGH.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such fun haikus...

    Thanks for the kind words Margo. I feel the same about you and Mister B.

    Those brandy soaked fruits sound beyond evil. YUMMM. It's worth a trip to North Devon just for a sample.

    Congrats to Sarah... she's a honey.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like boot cut and slight flares- balances the butt--and all my appendages are short.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the haiku - the bell bottoms cracked me up. :) Congrats on your award!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two great Haiku, especially the second one.
    I'm sure I had a girlfriend who wore a pair like that back in the 60's!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments x