Wednesday, 22 December 2010

Best Blog Award

As most of you know I am incredibly new to blogging and am still finding my feet in this world. I am so grateful and full of praise to Ellie Garratt for her inspiration, fantastic storytelling and general wonderfulness. Ellie has kindly passed on a Best Blog Award to me and I, in turn thank her, answer the following questions and pass on the award to another blog....oh, my....



Here are the award rules:
1. Thank and link back to the person that gave this award.
2. Answer the 10 survey questions.
3. Pass the award along to other bloggers who you think are fantastic.
4. Contact the bloggers you’ve picked to let them know about the award.

1. If you blog anonymously, are you happy doing this; if you are not anonymous, do you wish that you had started out anonymously so that you could be anonymous now?

I think I was ready to just be 'out there'....there are always times when I wish I was anonymous, but really only when shyness overwhelmes.

2. Describe an incident that shows your inner stubborn side.

I never think I'm particularly stubborn (despite Taurus rising) however I never do anything I really don't want to do, although I seldom make a fuss - stubborn...hmmm, maybe...


3. What do you see when you really look at yourself in the mirror?

I went to stage school, so was brought up with mirrors being a harsh critic. These days I'm still tough on myself but see a small, curvy person who's ok.

4. What is your favourite summer cold drink?

Sparkling mineral water with a slice of lemon.

5. When you take time for yourself, what do you do?

Read and read, hike and practise the bowed psaltery.

6. Is there something that you still want to accomplish in your life? What is it?

Plenty - I would love to be published one day.

7. When you attended school, were you the class clown, the class overachiever, the shy person, or always ditching?

In my earlier days I was always in trouble, always sent into the cloakroom or corridor to do my work....then I learned how not to be caught!

8. If you close your eyes and want to visualize a very poignant moment in your life, what would you see?

Hmmm, there are so many.....but, a drama teacher strode up to me, unbuttoned a high button on my blouse and said, 'If you've got, flaunt it!' Improved my body image no end!

9. Is it easy for you to share your true self in your blog or are you more comfortable writing posts about other people or events?


I'd say a little of this, a little of that.

10. If you had the choice to sit down and read a book or talk on the phone, which would you do and why?

Much as I love a chat, my reclusive tendancies steer me towards the book.

I am passing this blog award to:

Madeleine: Scribble and Edit

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the award. Wow that was pretty bold to unbutton a button, but I'm glad it worked out for you. Have a great day! happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the award!!! I usually prefer books, too. I have no idea how I would have reacted to anyone unbuttoning my blouse =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the award and BLESS YOU for passing it on to me. HAPPY CHRISTMAS :O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Christmas, Margo. I hope you and Tony had a lovely time.

    Thank you for the sweet things you said about me - I'm blushing! I don't deserve that much praise.

    It sounds like we were very similar at school. LOL.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments x